Apuntes de inglés/English notes

Blog destinado a recopilar el máximo de apuntes de inglés e intentar ordenarlos de la manera más útil posible...

Blog destined to compile as much English notes and trying to order by the most useful way possible...

By Raül Montejano Gutiérrez; Twitter @raulmontejanogu

lunes, 20 de febrero de 2012

First conditional and future time clauses + when, until, etc.

First conditional sentences: if (or unless) + present simple, will/won't + infinitive
Use the present tense (Not the future) after if in first conditional tenses. If you don't do more work, you'll fail the exam.
Unless = If ... not. I won't go unless she invites me. I won't go if she doesn't invite me.
You can also use an imperative instead of the will clause. Come and see us next week if you have time.

Future time clauses
Use the present simple (Not the future) after when, as soon as, until, before and after to talk about the future.
I'll call you as soon as I arrive.
We'll have dinner when your father gets home.
I won't go to bed until you come home.
I'll have lunch before I leae.
After I finish university, I'll probably take a year off and travel.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario