Apuntes de inglés/English notes

Blog destinado a recopilar el máximo de apuntes de inglés e intentar ordenarlos de la manera más útil posible...

Blog destined to compile as much English notes and trying to order by the most useful way possible...

By Raül Montejano Gutiérrez; Twitter @raulmontejanogu

lunes, 6 de agosto de 2012

Giving advice

There are a number of ways to give advice:

- Could + infinitive
You could try phoning her.

- Should + infinitive
You should go on a long trip.

- If I were you I'd + infinitive
If I were you I'd complain to the manager.

- You might think about + -ing form
You might think about having a romantic weekend.

You use Could, If I were you I'd and You might think about when you want to be polite or formal. You can use Should to be more direct or to give stronger advice.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario