Apuntes de inglés/English notes

Blog destinado a recopilar el máximo de apuntes de inglés e intentar ordenarlos de la manera más útil posible...

Blog destined to compile as much English notes and trying to order by the most useful way possible...

By Raül Montejano Gutiérrez; Twitter @raulmontejanogu

miércoles, 28 de diciembre de 2011

Past Perfect

 
PositiveNegative
I 'd seen the film before.I hadn't seen the film before.
YouYou
HeHe
SheShe
ItIt
WeWe
TheyThey
Contractions: I'd = I had I hadn't = I had not

Questions Positive answerPositive answer
HadI seen it before?Yes,I had.No,I hadn't.
YouYouYou
HeHeHe
SheSheShe
WeWeWe
TheyTheyThey

(Pluscuamperfecto = había...)

Use the past perfect when you are already talking about the past, and want to talk about an earlier past action.
When I woke up the garden was all white. It had snowed in the night.

Make the past perfect with had / hadn't + past participle.

The past perfect is the same for all persons.

!!!!
Be careful: I'd can be I had or I would.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario